Basket filters will permit the straining or filtering of a wide variety of fluids, to retain solids of almost any size. All baskets filters are easily removable and cleanable. Basket strainers elements can be offered in single cylinder, double cylinder, multi cylinder and pleated design depend upon requirement of application. They are constructed of filter housing, filter element supported with perforated cage, positive sealing arrangement to avoid any bypass & choice of end connections.
Filter Media: Filter media for basket filters include stainless steel perforated sheet, stainless steel weaving wire mesh and stainless steel sintered wire cloth. As to external dimensions and filter rating, we may also provide products per customers requirements.
Application: Basket filters are mainly used in such industries as petroleum, chemical industry, food, beverage, water treatments, etc.
Operation: Unfiltered liquid enters the basket housing and passes down through them. Solid are contained inside / outside of basket depend upon design and removed when the unit is serviced. They are available with in situ backwashing arrangement, where it does not required removing baskets for cleaning, often.
Basket filters normally supplied with spring arrangement at top of filter element. This will ensure any type of bypassing & confirm the position of basket, even in case of reverse flow. Fluid bypass around the basket is prevented by an optional O-Ring seal between the basket rim and the housing id.
Features & Benefits:
· Large-area, heavy-duty baskets.
· Low pressure drops.
· Housing are permanently piped.
· Covers are O-Ring sealed.
· Carbon steel, or stainless steel (304 Or 316) housing.
· Easy to clean.
· Option of in situ backwashing.
· Filtration rating available from 5 micron to 2000 micron & more.
Duplex Basket Filter
· ASME code stamp available.
· High pressure rating design available.
· Flow rate up to 2000 m3/hr.
· Custom design services.
· All housings made from SS 316 L, SS 316 & SS304 are mirror polished to resist adhesion of dirt and scale.
· Carbon steel housings are sand blasted, Epoxy coated & finally painted with two coats of synthetic enamel.
· Liquid displacers for easier servicing.
· Duplex / Triplex & Jacketed units available.
· High temperature & high pressure design are available.
· Normally designed for free flow area through screen, 4 – 6 times pipe flow area.
· Choice of basket filter elements
o Single cylinder design .
o Double cylinder design.
o Multi cylinder design.
o Pleated element design available for low pressure drop & high dirt hold.